Friday, July 10, 2009

Public Displays of Affection

Lesson of the Day: Hungarians love PDA (7/9)

I have been completely disgusted with the PDA in Budapest. It seems like everywhere I turn there is some couple sucking face. I mean literally sucking face. (I saw one man chewing some girls cheek on a train). It seems to me that if you don’t have a significant other here you must feel completely worthless. Everyone is paired off. I prefer Fort Worth where we tend to control ourselves a little bit better.

While on our trip to Pecs we saw another couple openly making out in the middle of the city and had enough. We asked professor Ungar, who is Hungarian, why people feel like they need to be so open with their relationships. It turned out that this couple actually had a reason for their intense makeout session. They were standing infront of a wall covered with locks. Apparently couples come from all over the world to attach a lock symbolizing their commitment to each other. It was actually pretty sweet. I’m sure that couple didn’t appreciate the crowd of obnoxious Americans ruining their romantic moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment