Monday, July 13, 2009

Mount Everest

Lesson of the Day: Bring tennis shoes

Today we took a bus to Eszstergon. We visited a beautiful church, ate a lunch, and got ready to hike up a mountain. When I first heard of this part of the trip I never imagined it would be as steep as it actually was. A few girls forget tennis shoes and had to climb up in sandals. Surprisingly they only fell once. Our professors warned us that the climb was tough but I figured if they could do it, it shouldn’t be too difficult. I was definitely wrong. When I finally reached the top I was completely out of breath but the breeze from the Danube felt fantastic. I have to give Dorraj and Ungar credit-- they made great time! After we cooled down we toured the castle and saw a wax museum and torture chamber. We finished early and had some time to kill so we walked to a part of the mountain where they had a dry bobsledding-ish ride. We all returned to our ten year old self’s and had a great time. Luckily no one got hurt. After that we walked down to the river to board the boat that would take us back to Budapest. Unfortunately the last boat ride was cancelled and we had to take the bus. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment