Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Better Than Ezra

Lesson of the day (Sunday): Manhattan’s will knock you on your butt!

Sunday night some friends asked if I wanted to go see a concert at the House of Blues. With nothing else going on in my life I said, “Hey why not!” I’ve heard so many great things about the venue and was excited to finally see it for myself. As we were walking in a rather large man came up to my friend and I and asked us if we wanted to go to the VIP room. (Me? Funny, right?) We explained to the man that two of our guy friends were ahead of us and we would only go if they could as well. After some negotiations the man decided to let us all in, under the condition that the guys lost the hats. The room was pretty fancy and unlike any place I had been before. To celebrate we decided to order special “grown up” drinks. My mom had told me that my grandma use to always drink Manhattan’s so I threw it out there as a suggestion. (Having no earthly idea what was in it). The bartender glanced back at us and said “YOU girls want a Manhattan?” we casually responded with “of course!” after my first sip I knew that the drinks were lethal and was proud of my decision to dump some of it in the bathroom in order to avoid a wicked hangover the next morning.

A few minutes before the concert started we walked down the stairs to the main stage to grab our spots.

Overall…great music, great friends, great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment