Friday, June 5, 2009

Being There

Lesson of the day: Nothing is more important than “being there”.

When life gets difficult sometimes you just need a friend to give you a hug and remind you that everything’s going to be alright. It is amazing that such a seemingly small action can make a person feel that much better. Having a person to rely on is a wonderful gift.

In high school I was blessed with a group of friends that I honestly never had to look for. We met one day and were inseparable ever since. They were always supportive and there for me when I needed someone to confide in. Finding “those” friends in college was more difficult than I ever expected it to be. In college, your friends truly do become your family and surrounding yourself with positive people is an absolute necessity. I can now say that I am truly a lucky girl and have the most amazingly optimistic people in my life. Through them, I have learned to look at the bright side of things and always find the silver lining. They are there when I need them-- no road bump is too big or small for them to offer words of encouragement.

When it comes to “being there” family is unconditional. No matter how many petty fights we may get in to or how different we may seem to be…it is amazing how they reach out or call right when you really need it most.

I don’t know what I would do with out “my people” and I am so thankful for them being there when I need it most.

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment